Monday, November 21, 2011

Why Can't Newspapers Make Money Online?

  |  November 21, 2011  , ClickZ.

That's the question I asked myself the other day as I ran smack up against The Baltimore Sun's paywall after having reached my 15 page per month (free) limit. I'm not a big reader of the Sun, but I was curious about what people were saying about Gordon Ramsay's "Kitchen Nightmares" visit to one of our local eateries. I clicked a link on Facebook that was supposed to lead me to a post on the Sun's food blog when I smacked right into the wall.
Oh well. As much as I liked reading the Sun's blogs (and their food blog - Baltimore Diner - was by far my favorite), it didn't take much to find another local foodie blog with the dirt on Chef Ramsay's "Nightmare"-ish tirades. Curiosity slaked, I surfed on to somewhere else…all the while muttering to myself under my breath about how I was done with the Sun.
And I am. I'd long ago moved on to other venues.... Read more.