Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Personal Branding: When Personal and Professional Worlds Collide Online

By Sima Dahl


Published: September, 2011, SMMmagazine

Whenever I give a keynote presentation or conduct a sales training session on how to leverage social networking to generate referrals, the first question I am always asked sounds something like, "How do I keep my personal contacts separate from my professional contacts?" And my answer is always, "Why would you want to?"
Some people believe they have very valid reasons for keeping their personal life separate from their professional life. But most of us are likely simply over thinking it.
Consider the golden rule of networking: people buy from people they know, like, and trust. That's also true for job seekers and career climbers: people hire people they know, like, and trust, and they refer them, too. Your challenge then is to be known as someone who is likeable and trustworthy.
Before starting my....... Read more