Monday, November 14, 2011

We Said We Were Sorry on YouTube! What Else Do You Want From Us?!

By:  Published: November 14, 2011, AdAge.

If you're like me, you're super excited about the 100 new YouTube channels born of just-announced partnerships with professional content producers.
As Ad Age Media Editor Nat Ives reported, these are "high-polish, high-stakes original-content channels." Magazine conglomerate Meredith, for instance, is creating series including "Gardens of the Rich and Famous," about celebs' backyards; "No Man's Land," about women's answers to the "man cave"; and "Porcelain Thrones," about extravagant bathrooms. Of course, I personally have no plans to cut back on my viewing of non-professional YouTube content -- I can never get enough videos of cats palling around with horses , acoustic covers of "Hey Ya!" and footage of horrific skateboarding accidents -- so I guess I'll have to cut back on reading The Economist since there are still only 24 hours in the day...... Read more.